Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
Youth Intervention Worker- Big Trout Lake
One (1) Year Term Position
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation invites applications from Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN) members, along with all other interested applicants for the full time position of Youth Intervention Worker in our Big Trout Lake location.
• Excellent Oral Communication, and writing skills
• Have a genuine interest in seeing Youth develop and succeed.
• Excellent Computer Proficiency
• High Degree of Professionalism & Discretion
• Needs little supervision
• Self-Starter, Self-Motivated
• Ability to communicate in Oji-Cree language an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend Restorative Justice Circles as a resource person or facilitate Restorative Justice Circles when needed.
• Assist in the development of plans for special activities, individualized work placements and/or restitution activities in meetings with the case manager, and other relevant stakeholders.
• To monitor and supervise these plans towards their successful completion.
• To encourage the use of Restorative Justice alternatives wherever possible.
• To provide positive preventative activities each month to the Youth.
• Ensure that all clients report according to the terms of their orders.
• Maintain individual files and records via NALSC Database and forward to the case manager upon completion.
• Monitor the conditions of community supervision orders and maintain regular contact with all youth completing community service hours.
• Identify any areas of concern, or non-compliance with program participation to the individual youth’s supervising Probation Officer immediately.
• The worker will be required to facilitate the HUB programming and community presentations when asked
• If the Youth Justice worker is unavailable to attend court for any reason the YI is to attend and speak on client matters and give updates
Location: Big Trout Lake, Ontario
Salary: Commensurate based on education and experience
Closing Date: July 9, 2020
Please submit your resume and cover letter including 3 references to:
To: Human Resources
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation, 1805 Arthur Street E. Unit 100, Thunder Bay, ON, P7E 2R6.
Fax: 1-807-622-3024 Email: email@example.com