Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation is presently recruiting for a
(Term Ending March 31, 2024 with Possible Extension)
Thunder Bay, ON
Nih Keewaywin-My Journey Back Home is funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. The purpose of the project is to provide a traditional/alternative Circle approach to resolving youth facing crisis and who are at-risk including violence, human-trafficking, homelessness, drug-addiction, mental-health, lack of education, legal issues, lack of life skills, basic needs and those who have lost their path in their life cycle journey. The Talking Circle is used in order to empower youth to arrive at safe and acceptable resolutions to their at-risk matters. Circles are arranged and conducted by a Talking Together Facilitator.
• Sensitivity, awareness and implementation of traditional/cultural teachings
• Understands intersectional approach to gender, race and discrimination and intergenerational affects of youth and families
• Understands and recognizes trauma-informed approach in support of Indigenous youth in a culturally safe manner
• Excellent case and file management skills, administrative and coordination skills, stress management and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines
• Contribute to the empowerment and leadership of Indigenous youth within the community
• Experience and knowledge of the legal system is an asset.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Proficient working knowledge of MS Office Software, internet, and general office equipment
• Ability to speak Cree, Oji-Cree, Ojibway an asset.
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Hours: Full Time - Contract (35 Hours Per Week)
Salary: In accordance with established pay grid and commensurate with education/experience
CLOSING DATE: December 8, 2023
Please send cover letter, and resume to:
Human Resources, Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation,
101 Syndicate Ave N, Suite 101 Thunder Bay, ON, P7C 3V4
NALSC invites applications from qualified members of NAN. Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet the criteria for the position and whether you are a NAN member. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information, please visit our website: https://nanlegal.on.ca/jobs/