Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation invites applications from Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN), along with all other interested applicants for the full-time position of HR Assistant in our Thunder Bay office.
We are looking to hire an HR Assistant with outstanding administrative and communication skills. An HR Assistant is expected to have excellent organizational and time management skills. They must be reliable and should be able to accurately follow instructions with the ability to complete tasks with minimum guidance and supervision. They must also demonstrate the ability to manage competing demands in a team setting.
• Circulate, and monitor all job postings;
• Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, scheduling interviews, and performing reference checks;
• Coordinate the onboarding process for all new staff;
• Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
• Participate as an active member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee;
• Schedule meetings, HR event, maintain agendas and take minutes;
• Maintain filing, scanning, and the organization of all Staff personnel files.
• College Diploma or related Human Resources administration and recruitment experience;
• Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures;
• Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work with confidential information;
• Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
• Some travel may be required;
• Experience working within First Nations communities;
• Ability to speak Ojibwa, Oji-Cree, Cree is considered an asset;
• Must be able to provide a police/criminal records check.
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with education and experience
LOCATION: Thunder Bay, Ontario
DEADLINE: July 9, 2020
Please send resume and cover letter including three (3) references to:
100 – 1805 Arthur Street East
Thunder Bay, ON P7E 2R6
Tel: 807-622-1413 Fax: 807-622-3024 Toll Free: 1-800-465-5581
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.