Dryden Fibre Canada, which manages the Trout Lake and Wabigoon Sustainable Forest Licenses with combined area of approximately 1.7 million hectares, is seeking an individual to join our Forestry Team. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent medical, educational, and recreational facilities.
Reporting to the Forest Management Superintendent, this position provides leadership and expertise in the management and delivery of information services to the forestry team and maintains the integrity of forestry information databases and information system.
• Strategic leadership and management of a Geographic Information System.
o Sourcing new technology, training, optimizing workflows, budgeting.
• Improve and maintain the integrity of the GIS data.
• Provide guidance and support to operational and planning teams for information technology needs.
• Provide leadership, guidance, and support to operational and planning teams for information technology needs.
• Perform complex mapping and data analysis tasks, including spatial analysis, geo-processing, developing scripts and models (model builder / Python).
• Design, develop, and manage ArcGIS Server geodatabase including versioning, schematic changes, permissions etc.
• Support team in managing and processing data for use in analysis and reporting.
• Produce and maintain operational map templates.
• Post-secondary education in or involving GIS, or equivalent experience.
• Experience or education in Forestry would be an asset.
• Demonstrated focus on delivering business results in a timely manner.
• 3-5 Years Geographic Information System (GIS) operational and technical experience.
• Strong analytical skills and geo-processing experience.
• Knowledge of the Ontario Forest Management Planning requirements e.g., FIM, FMPM is an asset.
• Excellent organization, communication, and team skills.
• Experience with ArcGIS Server, server management, and SQL server would be an asset.
• Experience with ArcGIS Online, Survey 123, and Field Maps is an asset.
• Strong beliefs and behaviours in safety, professional ethics, and environmental values.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your cover letter and resume, in PDF format in confidence by 2:00pm CST on Monday December 11th, 2023.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://ca.indeed.com/job/gis-specialist-550a59bc7f3cc030?_gl=1*12225ec*...
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.