Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation is presently recruiting for a
Thunder Bay, ON
We are excited to announce a new opportunity to join our management team as Executive Director at Nishnawbe Aski Legal Services Corporation (NALSC). Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have the responsibility of overseeing the operations of Nishnawbe Aski Legal Services Corporation (the “Corporation”) and supporting the Board of Directors to ensure the organization is working within its Vision and Mandate.
The Executive Director is responsible for a variety of duties ranging from overseeing human and financial obligations of the corporation, negotiating for program funding, advocating for justice services for NAN people and communities along with building and maintaining healthy relationships with partners, stakeholders, and the Chiefs of Nishnawbe-Aski Nation.
• Must possess, at a minimum, a post-secondary degree or diploma in the areas of law, business administration, finance, human resources or other related fields.
• A minimum of 5 years’ management experience
• Education and/or equivalent experience in the Ontario Legal system.
• Familiar with geographical area of Nishnawbe-Aski Legal communities.
• Experience with the Euro-Canadian Legal system and knowledge of indigenous justice systems.
• Public speaking skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Willingness to communicate with others about law related and traditional issues.
• Must be willing and able to travel extensively.
• Ability to speak Ojibway, Oji-Cree, Cree would be a definite asset.
• 6% pension matching.
• 100% employer paid health benefits.
• 3 weeks paid vacation after your first year.
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Hours: Full Time (35 Hours Per Week)
Salary: Starting at $125,077 annually
CLOSING DATE: December 10, 2023
Please send cover letter, and resume to:
Human Resources, Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation,
101 Syndicate Ave N, Suite 101 Thunder Bay, ON, P7C 3V4
NALSC invites applications from qualified members of NAN. Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet the criteria for the position and whether you are a NAN member. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information, please visit our website: https://nanlegal.on.ca/jobs/